Ohio Cancer Research Associates
Established in 1982, Ohio Cancer Research Associates is an independent, statewide, nonprofit organization dedicated to the cure and prevention of the many forms of cancer and the reduction of its debilitating effects through aggressive basic seed money research, cancer information, and awareness.
Ohio Cancer Research Associates is not affiliated with any other organization.
The over $6.8 million in seed money provided by Ohio Cancer Research Associates has generated over $174.2 million in new money from other sources to continue basic cancer research on projects initially funded.
Individual researchers have been funded at:
- The Ohio State University
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus
- University of Cincinnati
- Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati
- Case Western Reserve University
- The Cleveland Clinic
- MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland
- University of Toledo (formerly Medical College of Ohio)
- Bowling Green State University
- Ohio University
- University of Dayton
- Wright State University
- Hipple Cancer Research Center in Dayton (now Cancer Prevention Institute)